As part of a project to overhaul a decision-making system, the implementation of load tracking was requested. Each day, data from the operational database is transferred to tables in the decision database (Operational Data Store[ODS], Datawarehouse[DWH] and DTM[Datamart]).
A Microstrategy document was requested by the customer to track the status of the shipments. The main objectives are:
Display the status of the loads in each table
Enable users to know when the data they are interested in has been loaded
Targer User Population
Project management team DSI / Different departments using Microstrategy reports on a daily basis
Succinct description of the implementation of this application and its added value
The created document allows you to:
- Ensure that the supply flows are set up and function properly.
- Have a graphical visualization of the tables loading (using gauges)
- Provide the user with information concerning the loading of data of interest to him/her.
- Transmit information about the customer’s activities (KPI)
- Alert users to potential problems
This document is updated daily. Initially, this enabled the project management team to ensure the smooth running of the flows (and thus the feeding of the tables). It has been improved as the project progresses in order to provide users with relevant information.
This daily monitoring has ultimately become a welcome portal allowing users to know the main figures of their company, the state of loading tables to determine when they can update their reports and whether there are any IT problems (especially with regard to BI).
Process and Sourcing
- Data extracted from operational systems and transformed by the Oracle Data Integrator (ODI) ETL.
- The document was created with Microstrategy.