OneStream is an independent American company – based EPM software company. Created in 2000 by Bob Powers, former Hyperion Enterprise developer and inventor of HFM, and Tom Shea, founder and inventor of UpStream Sofware now known as Oracle Hyperion FDM. OneStream offers consolidation, reporting and budgeting solutions in a single tool. The solution addresses the concerns of finance departments regarding risk management, efficiency and reporting. OneStream XF’s revolutionary Extensible Dimensionality® technology offers a unified data structure and operational independence.
This tool simplifies implementations, evolutions and deployments. Its main objective: the automation and integration of reporting processes within the company while ensuring a clear follow-up of validation processes.
A 360° Tool
OneStream is a unified solution that allows the model to evolve quickly and easily. The solution makes it easy to track data throughout the chain via the Task Manager, which summarizes all the tasks assigned to each user.
OneStream is :
EASY DATA PLATFORM, a new architecture model that allows a very flexible and fast platform evolution.
Implementation of a VALIDATION WORKFLOW for the different reporting construction steps.
Application accessible directly from the client whi implents it :
– Validation strings
– Audit trails
– Questionnaires / Validation tests
– Alerts if the threshold is exceeded which condition the validation of a step.
OneStream also makes available :
- XF MarketPlace – Management solution to dowload (cash planning, HR, IFRS…) which speeds up the deployment of your applications.
- Intersection Helper – Tool that converts Hyperion applications to OneStream.
- Dimension Comparison Utility – Tool for comparing different environments (development, recipe, production) to measure impacts.
- XF Metadata & Workflow profile Template – Tool for creating a structure from an XML file.
- Extensible Documents – Automatic update of Word / Excel / Power Point documents.
- Guided Reporting – Automated data entry and reporting tool.
- Account Reconciliations – Account Reconciliation Solution.
- Close Manager – Visibility solution for closing changes.
The consultant’s opinion :
Solution BI is the first OneStream partner on the French market. I recently completed the Application Build training at OneStream, which prepares the implementation of applications.
OneStream is a real Swiss knife. It brings together in a single tool numerous functionalities: consolidation, reporting, data visualization, validation follow-up, knowledge centralization.
This 360-degree platform saves both time and money.
The solution brings a strong added value to business processes.
One point that has made me particularly aware of is the possibility of tracing the data from the aggregated levels to the finite level. It is even possible to know whether these data come from a flat file or not. Same for calculated members.
Finally, OneStream focused on distance learning through OneStream Virtual Academy. This platform provides courses, quizzes and quizzes to keep your level up to date and increase your competence.