Data Platform for the group and its subsidiaries for analytics
of initial BI functions redesigned and migrated
roadmap for the whole technical and functional program
- BI saturates operational systems that can't only handle so much work. The data comes from 180 separate operational databases
- Access in real time to data is resource constrained and does not allow operational staff to function effectively.
- The technical underpinnings are not aligned with IDL's strategic choices for Cloud / BIaaS.
- The desire to centralize all of the company's data and the limitations of the current system make it appropriate to modernize IDL's data platform globally for better performance and scalability.
- Solution BI's expertise in all technologies of the Oracle / Db2 / SqlServer /BO and Snowflake data environment allows for a migration that takes into account the differences in function or ergonomics between the tools and secures the costs of the target platform.
- Benchmarking of real-time replication tools (4 software solutions).
- The data base on Db2 / Oracle / SqlServer is switched and unified on SnowFlake,
- The BO application environments are re-connected to SnowFlake without any functional impact or service interruption for the business.
- A complete transformation plan allows for transition and ownership by all business and IT populations
- New business cases are defined and planned for execution and implementation, articulated around a roadmap
- After this first large-scale project, the group provides its subsidiaries with an internal offer to help them replicate their data in real time in the data warehouse